What is the transformation? It is a reorganization of several military units, of which our company and battalion are a part. C Co goes away as of September 1. I am taking a position in the Headquarters Support Company in the reorganized 1457th Engineer Battalion. The transformation ceremony last night was long and painful (as is the case for almost all "Dog and Pony Shows".) We started rehearsing the ceremony at 1500, and kept on rehearsing until it started at 1800.
To commemorate the history of C Co, I designed a challenge coin. These coins finally showed up last night during our rehearsals. The coins really turned out quite well. I think I'll have to design another one for my new company as well. I say new company, but the HSC actually derives from HHC, where I started out in American Fork some 15 years ago.
So the transformation is nearly complete. This has been the busiest week of my life to date. One day this week (I can't remember which because they've all run together) was so bad that I worked straight through breakfast, lunch and dinner, and didn't get home until 2100 or so. It took a lot of mental energy to maintain my civility and sanity. When I got home I found it impossible to try to even communicate with Tara or the kids, so I ate a little something and went straight to bed. The long sleep that night did me much good the next day.
Special thanks to 2LT Becker who was very helpful in directing traffic in moving our equipment around during this process. He took great initiative, and I soon found him to be a tremendous resource. He's a Ute fan, and I'm finding it harder and harder to discriminate against Utes. Some of them are actually pretty decent.
2 comments:
Hey we just found your blog! It looks like you are having fun with it! Our family blog is: liddlefamilymoments.blogspot.com! Love ya all!
Cool challenge coin, David! Congrats on the promotion as well.
Post a Comment