Sunday, August 31, 2008

New Calling

I just got called as the new Young Women first councellor in our ward. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I've known about this for a week, but couldn't say anything until I was sustained, which happened today. At first, I was so happy that they didn't release me from Young Women. Now, I'm feeling so nervous about my new responsiblities. I've been very emotional all day. I only hope that we, as a new presidency, can fill the shoes of the awesome presidency that was just released. I guess the Lord wouldn't call me to this if He didn't think I could do it. I love the girls in our ward, and especially the Miamaids that I've been working with for a year and a half now. I ask for your prayers on my behalf. I feel the weight of this calling, but I also feel the joy that will come! "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded...." will be my new motto from now on. I'm grateful to belong to this church. It brings so much peace to my life. I know I'm supposed to be here right now. I love my family and I love the Lord. I hope I can fulfill my calling as He would have me do.

6 comments:

Karyn said...

Tara-
I am so excited for you! You will do a great job. You are an amazing leader and a good example to the girls in your ward. Good luck!

Rosie said...

You'll be great. i'm sure of it! there's nothing you can't do. you're an amazing woman, and you'll always be a great example. i'm just so glad that you didn't get released too. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Tammy said...

You will do awesome, Tara! You always do :)

Grandma G. said...

I always knew you had great possiblities. It's nice to know that they are being used. You will be the greatest Young Womens coulselor ever !!!!! Hugs and Kisses, Lots of Love.

Angela said...

You are so amazing Tara! You seem so humble and ready to accept the Lord's will in your life. He will bless you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

So that's what the bishopric counselor wanted to talk to you about! Don't worry, you'll be fabulous. And you're one step ahead of me for every YW calling I've received--you are actually happy/excited to be doing it! ;)