Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Josh, Star Wars & other stuff

Ok, so Josh loves Star Wars. He is now in the middle of a Star Wars marathon. He and his friend, Emily, decided this would be fun. So they started at 8am and are now on "A New Hope". I think they might be done at around 11pm. Josh had a "Lord of the Rings" marathon a few weeks ago. Oh, to have nothing better to do than to watch 15 hours of movies! Anyway, he is surviving on Hershey bars, Swedish fish, and Twizzlers.

Erika had to get some immunizations today. She needed her tetanus booster and her second Hepatitis A. She needed these done before school starts on Friday. I had the nurse look at Josh and Kate's immunization records and they need Tetanus boosters too! Lucky them!

Tonight I am attempting to make country fried steak for the first time. I saw a "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" with Paula Dean and now I want to try it. I'll let you all know how it goes. I guess it will be better for Josh than the candy he's living on right now.

Did anyone else just about have a heart attack when they got the list of "required" school fees for their kids? Yikes! It hurts when your kids aren't in Elementary school anymore.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I hear you on the school fees, ugh! I've only paid what was absolutely necessary to get the registered. I still need to pay instrument rentals and Cora is working on earning $500 for her band trip. That doesn't include all her other fees for band. Bleh.

Cacain said...

Josh is watching movies with a GIRL!!!! My kids will never be teenagers.

Yeah-- No school fees, no girls watching movies it is definitely better when they are in grade school!!

Karyn said...

I love the movie marathon- I might send Troy over to watch with him. :) We just did a Pirates marathon a few weeks ago . . .