Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Promotion Ceremony

Well, yesterday I got to go to David's promotion ceremony! It was pretty informal. We went to the AF Armory and everyone that he invited gathered around him (just standing). There were a lot of other soldiers plus some family. Me, of course, his parents, and his brother, John, and his wife, Angela, and their boy Caleb. Angela was nice enough to take pictures, so I will post some of them when I get them. Anyway, after introducing us, David stood at attention while his promotion orders were read, then I got to pin his new rank on him (although it wasn't a pin, just velcro). I smacked it on his uniform good! I guess you are supposed to really do some damage when you pin it on, but I couldn't bring myself to do it too hard. Then we all ate a wonderful meal that the new promotee had to pay for! Yes, it's some sick tradition that when you get promoted and have a ceremony like that, you have to buy a meal for everyone there. So we had food David picked up from the Smokehouse in Orem. It was sooooo good, but I over ate and was uncomfortable the rest of the day! There was some leftover and I ate it again for dinner! It was a fun day. I got to meet a lot of soldier's that I hear a lot about from David. So, now David only has to drive to American Fork instead of Spanish Fork. A raise and less gas! Good deal! Anyway, we are way proud of David for is accomplishment. He loves his job and we love him!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Way to go David! That is way awesome that you are doing so well.

Karyn said...

Yay David! We are so happy for you! Troy says you should be happy to be in AF too, because now you're in Caveman territory. :)

Grandma G. said...

Congratulations Dave. We are really proud of you. I want to know why we weren't invited to the ceremony.

Angela said...

Yeah I'll get those picts to you soon!!! We're so happy for David's promotion! Thanks for inviting us!

Rosie said...

Congrats!! i'm way excited for you guys! Uncle David, if you keep this up, you'll be a general soon! well, maybe not very soon, but soon. You RULE!