Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rock Climbing and a great recipe

Last night, our Miamaids had a Daddy/Daughter activity at Hansen Mountaineering. That is a place where you can do indoor rock climbing. We had a blast! I wasn't able to participate because I strained my back slipping on some ice the night before. It was for the girls and their dad's anyway. We have six girls in our class and they were all able to come and they all were able to bring their dad's, except one girl who brought her uncle. I think that was one of the funnest activities we've ever done. We just happened to have extra money in our Young Women activities budget, so we got to do a little something extra. Come January, it's back to being creative and cheap! I have some pictures of Katie and David climbing the wall:



The first 2 are of Katie climbing and then doing Spiderman on the way down!



The last one is David climbing like a monkey up the wall.



If you ever have a chance to go there, you should. The girls just absolutely loved it!

Now, the recipe. This is a recipe for a truffle that an old lady gave me while she stopped me in Walmart. I think she was just excited to give a youngling like me some of her wisdom. Anyway, here it is: Crush a whole bag of oreos into a fine powder (use a food processor) and put in a bowl. Soften an 8oz. pkg. of cream cheese, like really soft. I put it in the microwave for 15 seconds. You don't want it to melt. Now, mix the cream cheese and the oreo crumbs together with your hands. Once it is thoroughly mixed, put it in the fridge for a little while. Then melt a pkg. of chocolate almond bark (but vanilla would be really yummy too). Form the oreo mixture into balls and then dip into chocolate. You can then roll them into coconut or nuts if you wish. Keep them refridgerated. Take them out 15 minutes before eating if you don't want the chocolate to be too hard. But if you don't care, like me, then eat away! EASY!

4 comments:

The Shep's Herd said...

How fun. I wish you could have climbed and been spiderman. That would have been a great picture. Hope your all doing well . Love catching up on your blog. Merry Christmas!!

Amber said...

That sounds like a blast! I would have loved to see a picture of you on there.... So are you going to send me some truffles for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Soooo, can I ask how much money something like that would cost? Looks like tons of fun!

Tara said...

It ended up being $69 with tax for 15 people. We had the gym for 1 1/2 hours. This includes all equipment you need unless you want the special shoes, which we didn't.