Wednesday, December 10, 2008
A New Young Women Value!
I just learned last night at my presidency meeting that the First Presidency has added a new value to the Young Women theme! The new value is VIRTUE! How awesome is that? I really feel that this is inspired. The young women now days really need to be a standard for the world. You should all read the talk "Return to Virtue" by Elaine S. Dalton, the General Young Women President. She is such an inspired woman. I'm so excited to learn more about this value. They will be adding this to the personal progress program. Katie already has her Young Woman Medallion, but now she can work on this new value and keep progressing. If you go to lds.org and look at the Young Women program, it will have the letter from the First Presidency explaining all of this. It's so exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so cool :) I think the young women need something like that to give them the strength and desire to live virtuously. Do they focus on stuff like that for the young men?
I'm not sure what goes on with the Young Men. Their theme changes every year. It's really cool, but I wonder how much they really take it to heart. Girls are just so different than boys.
Last night Doug went with the youth in our ward to Temple square. He had to drive a car full of girls all by his lonesome. He came home with a new set of eyes. He was shocked at what girls talk about these days, and the songs they sing. We were just talking about how scary it is to raise children these days. That theme is definitely inspired. I'm glad you posted this, I never would have known. I feel better, now.
Post a Comment