Today, Josh drove down to Snow College to audition for a music scholarship. He was sooo nervous! He said he even considered just lying about going and saying he wasn't good enough!!! But he toughed it out and he did awesome! The guy he auditioned for said that he really wants him in his Symphony Orchestra and maybe the Chamber Orchestra also! He was surprised that Josh has never had private lessons because he is so good on his cello. He thought that Josh must be able to sing because he has such a good ear for pitch (Josh cannot sing!) So, it's looking good for Snow! He also auditioned at UVU, but he didn't enjoy that at all. Snow has such a good small town feeling that Josh loves. Very peaceful. The Snow website, their directions to the school told you to turn at "the stoplight". And they only have 1!! So I guess I'll be saying goodbye to him this fall :(
Katie is obsessed with driving. Every outing starts with "can I drive?" It's hard to turn the car over to her. I just want to have the control. She is getting better, though. Kate is also a Youth Camp Leader (YCL) for girls camp this year. She is excited to be in on the planning. She is realized just what is involved in making girls camp happen. It's good for her.
Erika has been taking some 4H classes that are offered through the Jr. High after school. She decided to take 3 different classes. You are only allowed 2, but Erika and her friend got permission to take 3. She is taking Cooking, Film Making, and Woods. She is into so many things. I just don't know what she will be when she grows up. Her interests are everywhere and she is so good at all of them. She is an adventurer.
David is in Little Rock right now for a school he needs for work. It has been a looong week and he doesn't come home until next Saturday. They don't have classes on the weekend so he and some buddies drove to Memphis to see the sights. They drove by Graceland and said it looked lame. He's been eating some good southern food out there.
I've been home dealing with the water damage on the front of our house. I'm afraid the insurance won't pay for it because they will think we should have been able to see through the walls and known that damage was happening before it became evident. So, we could be forking out some big money to have it repaired. Super big bummer.
Well that is what is going on with us!
2 comments:
I have an aunt that teaches at Snow. He will love it, it's a great place to be at that age. Hope this week goes by quickly for you. Why is it that everything goes wrong when hubby is gone?
Sounds like you all are busy! I'm sorry David's away . . . I know to a little extent of what that's like. No fun.
Post a Comment