Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Katie!

I know it's a day late, but still, Happy Birthday!! I can't believe she is 16. I don't know if I'm ready to have her dating and driving. She had a party on Saturday night. Boys and girls! Anyway, we gave them all $3 and then had them draw each others names out of a bag. Then they all went to the mall and had to use the $3 to buy gifts for the person who's name they had drawn. It was fun to see what they came up with. Then they came back home and we had Papa John's pizza! So good. BBQ chicken, Chicken/bacon/ranch, double pepperoni, and half ham/pineapple half pepperoni. It went fast! I also made my lovely Symphony Brownies. Then they watched "I Robot".

Earlier that day, I took Kate shopping for her birthday present. She wanted clothes. We went to Buckle to find some jeans. They are pretty expensive, but I've never been to a store where they were so friendly and helpful! The took the time to talk with you and tell you what type of jeans will work for your body type. It was fun. And her jeans are way cute! We also got her a couple of cute tops.

Last night, we had our a special dinner. I made boneless pork ribs cooked in the slow cooker with BBQ sauce. YUM! I also made garlic mashed potatoes and homemade rolls. After we let that digest for a while, we had the cake and ice cream. Chocolate fudge cake with Mud pie ice cream. Katie also got to go to lunch with her Grandma Liddle. I think it was a good birthday.

She also got talked into asking out a neighbor boy to preference! So, I will get to hunt down a formal for her. It's this Saturday!!! Nothing like last minute...

I just love my Katie Bug. She has been such a joy to have in our home. She is so good at helping out and cleaning! She is so sweet. I'm proud of the lovely young woman she has become. I know I can trust her to be modest and to show respect to herself and others. She will always be my cute little baby girl. I love you Kate!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Wow 16! That's so fun! And I hope she has a blast at preference. It sounds like she had a fun birthday!