Monday, January 19, 2009

How Boring am I?

I guess I haven't posted in a while. Not much has been going on lately. We are enjoying a day off of work and school today. Although, I'm not sure David is enjoying it since he is pretty sick. We've been passing it around, but it seems that he has it a little worse, (or thinks he does ;) J/K sweetheart!)

I am getting a little sick of all the snow we have here right now. After the repeated snow storms a while back, we have so much piled up along our driveway and in the road. We've had some warmer days, but the snow is stubborn and won't go away! We had to dig a little walkway in the back yard for Kujo so she could go potty and not be buried. She had to stand on her hind legs to see over the snow. Poor little thing. Then she runs into the house and goes straight for the heating vent.

It's a new semester for the kids. They are excited about some classes and bummed about others. Katie is taking a floral design class that is being taught by some cowboy who has no idea why he is teaching it. But she seems to like it. Josh still wishes that all math would disappear. And Erika is excited about having art.

Josh has some cello auditions in about a month to try for some scholarships. He has been working hard on several pieces so he will do well. His first audition is at 10am on a Saturday in Ephraim, and the second is at 2pm in Orem on the same day. A lot of driving!

Speaking of driving, Katie will be turning 16 in a couple weeks and we have been letting her drive quite a bit. It's a little scary at times. She is getting freaked out by all that happens when you turn 16. I think she is afraid of who will be asking her on dates. I'm sure she will have fun once she relaxes a little.

Well, it seems I have rambled on enough. I hope this all wasn't too disjointed.

5 comments:

Angela said...

It sounds like you all are doing great. That's so awesome with Josh's cello, and I can't believe that Katie is almost 16! Yet, I remember when I first met her I thought she was already 16. Yes she'll be a heartbreaker.
That's so sad about the snow vs. Kujo! I bet life for her is a little tougher with that snow! My family has a golden retriever, so she should be able to brave the snow, but my brothers buried her whole body in the snow except for her head! It was a funny yet sad picture.
Any ways, glad you all are doing well!

Grandma G. said...

I'm with you, Tara. I wish it was spring. Josh is amazing. What a special person he is. I can't belive Katie is almost 16. The thought just hadn't accured to me. Tell her she doesn't have to go on dates, if she doesn't want. Just say NO !! Hope you all get well. Love you all

Katie said...

Hey you said JK!!!

The Shep's Herd said...

YOur not boring. Hey sorry about you last name on my blog. I just now name repented and fixed it. Hey tell you kids they really need to look a little cuter ..you too really....just teasing hehehehe You all are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I am starting to feel old when I see how fast the kids are growing up. Katie will be asked out quickly I am sure. She is so stinkin' gorgeous.