On New Year's, we had just planned to stay home and watch DVD's (Stargate Atlantis: which we got for Christmas seasons 1-4), but we got a phone call from our neighbors asking us to come hang out with them with a bunch of other friends. The kids all hung out and played games. It was fun. We did some fireworks at midnight. Then David and i went home and crashed, but the kids and their friends stayed up and watched Nacho Libre until 2:30 am. yikes! I remember when staying up late was no big deal. I feel old......
The kids are really enjoying their phones. I'm glad that they know the rules about when it is appropriate to use them. They are good kids.
Well, here is some news. I gave my two weeks notice today! I've been feeling like I need to be home to complete projects, do stuff that has to do with my calling, and to just be a better mom. I am so tired when I get home from work, that I don't want to even think about making dinner so we eat out or have whatever (make what you want). I never want to clean either because I've been cooking and cleaning all day at work. I just want to nap and take it easy. David and I went over our finances and figured we could do it if we stick to our budget. So, in two weeks, I will be home.
4 comments:
That is cool that you will be home. I'll bet your kids are excited at the prospect of mom home all day :)
Wahoo! It's tough living in a one income household these days, but you will love that you can be there for your kids. Congrats!
I know exactly how you feel, Tara. Been there, done that. It really takes a toll on you and your family. I'm glad you get to stay home. Love you
Congrats....its nice when you get to be home with your kids. I know what you mean about being away and needing to be home. Enjoy your free time.
Post a Comment