Thursday, September 4, 2008
Vancouver
Well, David and I got to Washington yesterday evening. It was a long drive! But we are now at the Navy Lodge in Everett. Today, we went for a little day trip up to Vancouver. It was exciting to go since I haven't been since the good old days of going on business trips with dad. We went to Old Gastown. Looking at it online, we thought it would be this fun old town with a lot of charm. It was ok, but it was sooooooo crowded and full of construction on every corner, and people everywhere. And I saw my first person with terrets (sp?) syndrome. Which is funny since we had just watched "What about Bob?". After the disappointment of Gastown, we went to the Lookout at Harbour Centre. It's like the Space Needle, with the big round lookout at the top. The elevator ride was horrifiying! It was open glass! I buried my face in David's shoulder. Vancouver is HUGE! The roads are crazy. It's so jam packed with people and vehicles. I don't know where they are going to cram all the extra people during the Olympics in 2010. It was so nice to cross the border back into the U.S. It was so peaceful. Washington is so beautiful. Everything is so green. We have had great weather so far. Tomorrow we will be sightseeing in Seattle and then the BYU/Washington game on Saturday. I'll keep you posted with more fun from up north!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment