So, this weekend David and I are in Park City for his Senior Enlisted Conference. We are staying at the Park City Peaks Hotel. It's pretty nice. And we don't have to pay for it! (At least we get reimbursed for it) We got here Friday night. On Saturday morning, we had some sessions to attend. David went with the army guys, and I went with the wives. It was ok. I realized that whenever a military person tries to explain something, it is very confusing. But when it's a normal civilian, I understand what they say. The military speaks in acronyms! It's just confusing. I would never make it in the army. Anyway, they fed us breakfast and we had Hershey kisses with Camo wrappers on the tables! It was cool. General Tarbet talked to us. He is funny and knows how to handle a room full of army wives. Then, we broke for lunch with our spouses. It was a yummy chicken meal. Then David and I skipped out on the afternoon speakers so we could take a nap. We had to get up way too early for a Saturday. That evening, we went out to eat at Ruby Tuesday with two other couples that we are friends with. Guys David deployed with and has worked with for many years. I had steak and crab cakes. YUM!
Today is Sunday. David is currently at another briefing. It started at 8am. I'm not sure when he'll be back. But when he does, we plan on sight seeing around Park City. Maybe going up to the Olympic Village. This really is a nice place. Very woodsy and rustic and nice. We will be coming home some time today. The kids are being troopers again. It's nice to know that I can trust them to do what they are supposed to do. I have the best family in the world!!!
1 comment:
hey, umm, what makes me a funny kid? Because I am very boring and lame, and not funny.
Post a Comment