So, last Wednesday night, my sweet hubby spent a few hours helping his brother lay sod at his new house. When he got home, he was waaaay tired! Poor guy. Well, at about 11:15 that night, David was in bed and I went downstairs to fill my water bottle (I need the filtered water from the fridge, not tap water because I'm a water snob). I thought I knew my house enough to make it down the stairs without turning on the lights. I actually thought the soft glow from our fish tank in the living room would be enough. WRONG! I was going along and suddenly found myself hurtling down the stairs and landed at the bottom in A LOT of pain. I heard a pop from my ankle on the way down, super gross! So I was sitting on the floor moaning and saying 'ow ow ow ow". Luckily my sleepy husband heard me and came down to see what the big thump was. He got my some ice while we watched the swelling begin. I guess I'm not a super good blogger because I didn't have the presence of mind to snap a pic while the ankle was massive. Anyway, David took me to the ER to have it x-rayed. Of course, the doctor comes in and pokes it "does that hurt?" Yes! Duh! Then the bring the x-ray machine to me (not gonna lie, that was neat) and he proceeds to make me bend my ankle in many ways that caused me to want to shreik like a little girl (Why do they do that?!) And the result was just a sprained ankle. They gave me a splint and crutches. I've since ditched the crutches, but I still need the splint because my ankle pops in a gross way sometimes.
This last weekend we spent with the Liddle clan for a family reunion, and I am now enjoying giving my foot a break from all that action! Here are some pics of my ankle journey:
This a picture of the splint I have to wear
These are the cursed crutches that I'm glad to be rid of!
The beautiful fish tank that caught my attention just before the tumble.
These are the stairs I went down
You can kind of see the purple bruising. It refused to show up good in pictures. And the swelling is way down at this point.
I have this sweet friend who brought this to me. It's a motion sensor light for the stairway! What a sweet woman :)
Kate drew this on our white board. She also took great delight in calling me "stomp n' drag".
That is pretty much the joy I've been experiencing this week. BTW, While we were in the ER, it became our 22nd anniversary at midnight! We shared a small kiss and said "happy anniversary" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment