Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's been a year......

Okay so. It's been a year. Or more. I have been bugged and bothered by my eldest daughter to update this for a loooong time. Long time. There has been too much that has happened to go back and try to talk about everything, so I will just start from NOW!

My birthday was on Monday. My beautiful daughter, Kate, cleaned out my bakery cupboard by buying cute little bins and whatnot to organize it all. If you want to see it, go to her blog (link on the right side). My equally beautiful daughter, Erika made my yummy birthday cake. YUM!!! I've been eating it for breakfast for days. We went to eat at the Training Table, which is one of my favorite places to eat. Again, YUM. Then my sweet husband got me a new sofa from IKEA!!!!!!!! I was really hating our old sofa because it was old and green and our carpet is green. Yuck. Plus, you can clean the covers of the IKEA sofas. Here is a picture of my new, lovely sofa.


Isn't it beaufiful! I love it! Now, when we were moving the old sofa out of the house, I heard all this "stuff" falling inside of it. What? I mean, it sounded like a LOT of stuff!! We had taken off the cushions, so it wasn't there. Must be deep inside. So today, Kate and I went into the garage to investigate the "stuff" noise. I removed some stapes from the bottom lining and reached my hand inside. Oh. My. Goodness!!!!! My first HANDFULL was mostly pens and pencils. I kept reaching in, and pulling out more. And more. And more. How many times did I reach? I don't know. But here are some pictures of what we found, minus the extreme amount of trash:


This is 22 pencils, scripture markers, 12 markers, chalk, and legos. I'm really surprised that is all the legos that escaped.


 This is a key of Josh's and he stole the "ring of power" from our Lord of the Rings Monopoly game and put in on his key ring! I always wondered why he would disappear unexpectedly.....


 2 combs, hair stuff, make up, and a package of sewing needles.


Only 2 pieces of candy. I guess you know we won't let much of that get away.


 22 pens.


Assorted toys. And know, we haven't had Bratz dolls in our house for years! So those shoes were there quite a while.


An old remote to a DVD player. I think we actually had to buy a replacement for that....


Crayons, paint brushes, glow stick (which was unbroken until today) and some nerd glasses.


One Disney dollar, a quarter, and a small curtain rod. Yep. A curtain rod.


2, count 'em, 2 rulers. And a cute star eraser.



 Various jewelry.



And a note from one of Kate's friends back in Springville. We moved from there like 7 years ago.


So there you go. We never clean out our furniture. I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping for more money! Oh well.

I know I posted last summer about some chairs I was redoing. I haven't finished, but I hope to by the end of THIS summer and then I will write a new post.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Haha! WOW. That's awesome. I love the new couch. I can't wait to see it in person. :D Even though I thought the old one was fine. :D All that stuff you found in there was crazy! Especially because it was literally INSIDE of the couch. You'll have to tell Josh. :D