Ok, so I have been wanting to paint my living room and kitchen since we moved in six years ago! I've never been a big fan of the olive green walls and carpet. And to make matters worse, we just happen to have a green couch! Too much green! And the kitchen was a very pale pinky white color. The reason it took so long to paint is because painting is a pain and everybody hates prepping. Yuck. So, there was a week when Josh didn't work, so he just said, mom, let's go to Home Depot right now and get some paint, and I'll do it for you! what an awesome kid. He prepped and painted it all (with some help from the girls). So we went to Home Depot to pick paint. I was freaking out a little knowing that it was really the time to commit to colors. I chose "Cloudy Day" for the living room. It is the most amazing blue and I love it! The name is strange since it totally made my living room bright like sunshine. The pics below really don't do it justice. It's beautiful.



Now, for the kitchen, I decided to go BOLD! Initially, I was going to go plain and neutral, but at the last second, decided to do a beautiful coral. The first one I chose went on the wall really pink! I almost died! So the kids went back to Home Depot and got a darker color, which I love! It's really better to see in person, but the pics will give you and idea. It's so lovely next to the white of the trim. It has personality now! I now many people will not like it, but I love it.



Now I just need to find money to buy paint for my "new" chairs for the kitchen. I also have fabric to make valances for the kitchen windows. I'll keep you updated on that little adventure!
My poor husband hasn't really been involved in these decisions since he has been working like crazy lately. I think we figured that in the last 2 months, he's had only a couple days off. But we are excited that he gets a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow! Yippee!
1 comment:
Yay! I'm glad you are blogging again :) It's fun reading your stuff! What fun colors! Having the color that YOU love on your walls makes such a difference in loving your home! And it makes it fun to be in those rooms too :) Thanks for sharing picts! Hopefully we get to see it in real life sooner rather than later! Enjoy your long weekend with your family!
Post a Comment