Monday, April 6, 2009

What's been going on at our house!

Ok, so first, I promised some time ago to post some of Josh's pics from his trip to Disneyland and Hollywood. So here goes! The first few are from the Hollywood walk of fame. Tammy, the Kermit is for you! Then there's a pic of Josh and his friends in front of the L.A. Temple.









Needless to say, he had a blast!

Katie officially got her drivers license and asks to go on errands about 100 times a day! I must say, it's easier to not be in the car when she's driving. I can just pretend that it's all good. J/K Katie! She is a pretty good driver. Now she can drive herself to her new job! She is scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time. Once the first paycheck comes in, I'm sure she'll be feeling fine!

We finally got all the work done on the outside of our house. Luckily, the water damage wasn't so bad on the inside of the wall, so we just had to redo the brick and extend the overhang on our roof a little bit so we can avoid the constant dripping down the front window. I'd like to thank my brother in law, Jon, for helping us with that.

David will be leaving on another business trip on Sunday. Yes, he is leaving on Easter. And he will be gone on his birthday again! I can count on one hand the number of birthdays he's been home for in our almost 19 years of marriage. Somehow, he always ends up spending it with his army buddies. He will be gone just over 2 weeks. Hopefully, things at home will be more calm than the last trip.

Next week is Spring break and I'm so excited! Even though we had to postpone our trip to Disneyland until June, we will find something fun to do. It's actually a good thing we're not going to Disneyland during Spring break, because I think the entire state of Utah will most likely be there!

I got my hair cut! It feels great! I was so sick of long hair. I got such great headaches when I'd wear it up. I used way too much shampoo the first time I washed my shorter hair. I'll have to get used to that.

Well, that is our life for now. I hope you enjoyed my babblings!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Yeah for Kermit!! That is cool that Katie has a job and is driving around now :) Glad to hear Josh had so much fun in California.

Amber said...

So glad to know that Kermit will never die! How fun to have Katie driving. I am starting to realize that I don't have long until Miriam does that. Better enjoy life while I can.

Sad that Dave will be gone. You will have to celebrate with a big party when he comes home. Lots and lots of cake!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.