Saturday, March 28, 2009

General Young Women Meeting

Me and my girls just watched the General Young Women Meeting on TV! It was so wonderful and inspirational. I love the new YW Value, Virtue and all the talks that went along with it tonight. I love being a leader in the YW program. I love all the girls that I get to interact with on a regular basis. And I especially love being able to be with my own daughters! I loved Pres. Monson's talk and the three things he focused on. Courage to not judge others, Courage to keep yourself virtuous, and Courage to stand up for what you believe in. (I didn't use his exact words. The Spirit was strong and my girls felt it also. Our young women are told that one virtuous woman can change the world, and I believe that. If our young women set their sights on the temple, then the young men will have to also if they want to marry them! Their influence is endless.

The First Presidency and the General Young Women Presidency have issued a call to return to virtue! I know I've said it before, but I am so excited to have this added to our Young Women theme!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That was such a great meeting. I left there with my daughter feeling so fortunate to belong to a church that will talk directly to the youth, and give them the guidance they need to succeed. What an inspirational moment.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a wonderful meeting. We all felt the spirit. It would have been even better if we had just watched it on tv instead of going down to the conference center. Driving, parking, crowds. Obviously you guys are smarter than I am!