Friday, November 14, 2008

Veteran's Day & My Personal Little Rant

Well, on Veteran's day, David and I went out to eat at Carver's in Sandy. YUM! He was required to go to the Veteran's day concert at the U of U, so he and some of his buddies from work decided to make a night of it. They were all decked out in their Class A uniforms. Very nice. Anyway, Carver's was so good! You should all ditch the kids some night and go there! (it's too expensive to bring the kiddies). But if you like meat, you should go there. Then we went up to the U of U (much to David's dismay) and watched a nice program at the Huntsman Center. I always get choked up when I hear patriotic songs. They did a tribute to the armed forces and the Army band played the songs from each branch. They had people stand up when their branch song was played. Anyone who had served, was currently serving, or who had family serve. I'm so proud of David and his love of our country and his willingness to serve. It was very uplifting. It was also very cold and rainy on the way in and out of the Huntsman Center (btw, BYU has cleaner bathrooms!) It was a very nice day. I'm proud to honor my husband and his service!
Ok, now the rant. What is with all the restaurants in the world only serving Diet Coke?!!!!! Is this the only diet drink in the world? NO! Diet Dr. Pepper is more popular among women (and rightly so), yet they don't serve it anywhere! Ok, maybe in a few choice locations, but it is so hard to find. Most serve Coke, Diet Coke, Diet Coke Lime, Diet Caffeine free Coke, Diet Vanilla Coke, Diet Cherry Coke, all together at the same fountain! And then you can choose rootbeer or sprite. We should all start a movement to get Diet Dr. Pepper to bump out some of the million Diet Cokes out there in restaurants! I want Diet Dr. Pepper if I go out. Coke is poison, nasty stuff. I'm curious what you all think about this. Ok, rant over.......

4 comments:

Cosmo said...

Diet Coke >>>>>>>>>>> Diet Dr. Pepper.

Amber said...

I'm right there with ya. I know from personal experience that Coke is one of the best laundry additives you can find, if you have grease stains or petroleum based products on clothing. So what is it doing to your body? I prefer Diet Dr. Pepper too.

On a lighter note, last year I took my family to the Air Force Band concert, and it was great. What an experience to see all the military members past and present stand for their song. Pass the tissues, please.

Grandma G. said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Dad and I went to Carver's when one was open in Orem. The food is really good, but expensive. Now as for diet coke & diet Dr. Pepper. I think they should get rid of all diet drinks !!! They are nasty. Nuff said !!

Karyn said...

Yay for Diet Dr. Pepper! The only fast food place I know that serves it is Arctic Circle (at least the one here in Saratoga does). But yes, definitely more places need to have it. Dave's program sounds like it was really great.